GTX 750 ti Issues regarding FPS

13 replies to this topic

stig

Veteran

• Members
  • 2559 posts

sup guys,

so recently, a few months back, aidan was looking for a good graphics card at a decent price and he came to me for help. So i looked up a few cards and read reviews and picked the Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 ti as a card for him. He bought it blah blah, anyways getting to the point, the GTX 750 Ti is an excellent card and can support most/all of the recently released games, getting approximately 30-40fps on Max settings for most games such as BF2, Crysis, etc. Anyways, aidan buys the card and goes on CA, and gets around 160-180, sometimes 200fps. He also tests it on CSGO, which is a more demanding game than CA, and he gets 200+ fps.

For me, i get 40-60fps on CSGO with low settings, and around 200fps on CA. So compared to what aidan is getting, its bizzare. Anyways robin also recently bought the GTX 750 TI and is having the same issue; Lower fps on CA than CSGO, while CSGO is a much more demanding game as you can tell from my FPS difference.

Im posting this to ask if any of y'all might have some suggestions to why this problem is occuring? I suggested the card for both Aidan and Robin and i really expected great preformance, and around 250-300+ fps on CA with the card, yet they're getting below 200.

For those of you who're wondering, this is what the card is capable of -

Posted Image

imCylo

Veteran

• Members
  • 2531 posts
  • ¶®0$K|£Π∆T|0Π
  • LocationPedo Land

It's because GeForce Experience does not recognise CA as a game. You can't optimise the game within GeForce, therefore, resulting in lower FPS. You can somewhat fix this by going into your NVIDIA Control Panel. You select "Engine.exe" and change the settings on that to improve performance. Nothing else you can really do. This GFX card works really well with other games which NVIDIA recognises as games. For example, LoL and CSGO will be really good.

Third montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcmFA_AOKLc&index=2&list=UUjaJ6Ujwp44THuiGM0rwK1g

^^ Check out my second montage! ^^

First montage

John

Ace

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • l0LXd

I have the same graphics card and I get 100-150 on ca and 60 on CSGO o_o

Posted Image

^Thanks Crayoo for the awesome sig!^

Posted Image Azuritess

Wolf

I'm Over 9000!

• Developer
  • 9075 posts

Also, a slow hard drive, and slow cpu makes the GPU become slower. If it's an older pc this is most likely why :\

Zepher-

Initiate

• Members
  • 265 posts

Optimizing the the card to the best performance can make a difference. But what I have realized with all Desktop gamers is that they never ever put their PC on high performance. This can really change the performance of the computer. To enable high performance on desktops you need to go to the Control Panel and type "Power" in the search. Then click on Power Options and turn it to high performance.

Also Stig it could be corrupted cards. It happens a lot. They should just get it checked if its not performing to what it is supposed to then that means there is something wrong with the card. Aidan had this problem for a year or so from what I know and I tried helping him in everyway possible but nothing helped. Im guessing that the card is corrupted. Also Adam if the performance is great in other games except CA then that means CA is the the problem not the card.

stig

Veteran

• Members
  • 2559 posts

View PostWolf, on 16 July 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Also, a slow hard drive, and slow cpu makes the GPU become slower. If it's an older pc this is most likely why :\

that is true by both have decent quad cores and exceptionally good fps on csgo which is a higher demanding game than CA which brings back to my question on how/why is this problem occuring
Posted Image

Wolf

I'm Over 9000!

• Developer
  • 9075 posts

View PostAdam/Exorbic, on 16 July 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

that is true by both have decent quad cores and exceptionally good fps on csgo which is a higher demanding game than CA which brings back to my question on how/why is this problem occuring

I'm not sure but i get so much random lag spikes/freezes even with my pc and I have OC i7-3770k, gtx 980, 500gb ssd, 2T HD, and 32gb of ram D:
That's why i stopped playing CA :[

BapeGod젠 바이러스

Posting Spree

• Members
  • 854 posts
  • BuyingSellingBapeNYC
  • LocationBrookyln

ajajajjaajajajaja

EodEodrkxdms

Initiate

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Pretty sure CS:GO is more CPU dependant

Posted Image

stig

Veteran

• Members
  • 2559 posts

View PostZepher-, on 16 July 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Optimizing the the card to the best performance can make a difference. But what I have realized with all Desktop gamers is that they never ever put their PC on high performance. This can really change the performance of the computer. To enable high performance on desktops you need to go to the Control Panel and type "Power" in the search. Then click on Power Options and turn it to high performance.

Also Stig it could be corrupted cards. It happens a lot. They should just get it checked if its not performing to what it is supposed to then that means there is something wrong with the card. Aidan had this problem for a year or so from what I know and I tried helping him in everyway possible but nothing helped. Im guessing that the card is corrupted. Also Adam if the performance is great in other games except CA then that means CA is the the problem not the card.

I doubt both aidan's and robin's GFX cards are both corrupted cards.

But yeah i guess CA is the problem, but im just trying to figure out why its happening only with CA.

View PostEodEodrkxdms, on 16 July 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Pretty sure CS:GO is more CPU dependant

perhaps, but GPU also plays an important role in the performance
Posted Image

Reece

Veteran

• Members
  • 5816 posts

View PostimCylo, on 16 July 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's because GeForce Experience does not recognise CA as a game. You can't optimise the game within GeForce, therefore, resulting in lower FPS. You can somewhat fix this by going into your NVIDIA Control Panel. You select "Engine.exe" and change the settings on that to improve performance. Nothing else you can really do. This GFX card works really well with other games which NVIDIA recognises as games. For example, LoL and CSGO will be really good.

have a like.

imCylo

Veteran

• Members
  • 2531 posts
  • ¶®0$K|£Π∆T|0Π
  • LocationPedo Land

View PostReece/Arising, on 16 July 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

have a like.

You too

Third montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcmFA_AOKLc&index=2&list=UUjaJ6Ujwp44THuiGM0rwK1g

^^ Check out my second montage! ^^

First montage

Brett

Ace

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • The Best

Hey guys, Dr. Brett here. I would recommend chipping it up to 460 horsepower and look into the engine because the v6 is outclassed by many other cheaper computers such as the Volkswagen Jetta and Honda Civic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ΓΘβιη

Ace

• Members
  • 1703 posts
  • OLBeaner
  • LocationCanada

Got shadowplay though hehehe

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users