Montage Rating System

13 replies to this topic

Kat

Veteran

• Members
  • 3257 posts

Harro community! I've decided to start my own system of rating montages since I'm starting to watch more of them. Please don't hate me for how I rate your montages! I've sort of stated how I rate my montages on a topic "CrogSlayer" posted, but it was not exactly "correct". I haven't changed the points, but I have changed what I expect in a montage. Please give me feedback if you think I'm judging a particular place too hard or to lightly and I'm willing to change if I agree.

Add a overall comment on top. Then rate it using the system down below.

Montage Rating
---------------------

/1 - Introduction : Does your Introduction state your name? Is it really long? Is it readable? Do I get distracted when reading your Introduction with a clip behind it?

/2 - Surroundings : Who did you play against? Which server did you play in? Was it a clan-only game? Did it seem like zombies weren't trying to infect you?

/2 - Music Choice : Does your music reflect how you played? Does it synchronize well with your montage? If you used 2 different songs in your montage, do they transition from one song to another well?

/2 - Quality of Video : Is it a laggy video? Did you just mash up clips together, or did you choose well on which order you're going to play the clips in? How long is the video? Does it seem like you spent a lot of time on it, or does it seem like you just wanted it to be finished and just rushed it?

/3 - Special Clips : Did you add in a few knife or pistol kills? Would you just RPG the ground to kill a 20HP ~ zombie, or would you knife it? Was it just completely grenade, mines and RPG kills? Did you a cool clip where you might of got completely trapped, but still somehow managed to escape?

/5 - Running Style : Was your running style predictable when I was watching the montage? Did you surprise a zombie when you turned a way he/she didn't think about? Was your running style original or did it seem like you copied it from someone else?

/5 - Grenade Tricks : Were your grenade tricks surprising or predictable? Were they overly-used or original one's that haven't been used a lot? Did you keep using the same grenade trick in each clip? Did you use your grenades to kill "Afkers"? OR did you save them for when you're running?

Total Rating : /20 :wink:

Edit : I forgot to add in a example. Mar 22, 2012 9:26PM (So formal right now)

Example of a comment on a montage......

"This montage was well done. I loved your running style....

Montage Rating
--------------------

~0/1 Introduction : There was no Introduction...(You might add more)
~1/2 Surroundings : Seemed like you were teaming from time to time....(You might add more)
~2/2 Music Choice : Nicely Sync'd, good choice of music to reflect your game play...(You might add more)
~2/2 Quality of Video : Good quality. No lag. Clearly see names.... (You might add more)
~2/3 Special Clips : Few knife clips and clips that amazed me...(You might add more)
~4/5 Running Style : Over-used one running pattern. Very Original on the other clips...(You might add more)
~3.5/5 Grenade Tricks : Some grenade tricks are original, while other's are over-used. (You might add more)

Total Rating : 14.5 / 20"

--Villain

Laffin's Bae

• Members
  • 263 posts

:O..

[Deleted]Invading

• Guests

Nice kathy :P

Batman

Veteran

• Members
  • 5512 posts

Very nice job Kathy, I think this deserves a "pin", very nicely written, easily understood and, I think everyone should give this a read o:.

Posted Image

Kat

Veteran

• Members
  • 3257 posts

View PostInvading, on 22 March 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Nice kathy :P

I got so bored that I spent 30minutes on this. :biggrin:

Kat

Veteran

• Members
  • 3257 posts

View PostEvading, on 22 March 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Very nice job Kathy, I think this deserves a "pin", very nicely written, easily understood and, I think everyone should give this a read o:.

I know this is double-posting in a row, but when I click edit, it doesn't work. Anyways, Tyvm for your feedback. I'm trying to encourage the community to use this as the "formal" way of rating a montage. I would hope everyone would use this, so it's easy for montage makers to know what to do to make their montage even better, and for viewers like us to "properly" rate a montage and give the maker a few comments and tips.

Example : Just a overall comment on top like, "The montage was decent or something". Then below, you'd state how much you gave each section of the rating list and reasons for it.

Batman

Veteran

• Members
  • 5512 posts

View PostHoars, on 22 March 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

I know this is double-posting in a row, but when I click edit, it doesn't work.

I know, I suffer the same problem and it's really frustrating. You should change the title or Hoar's Montage Rating System or something :biggrin:.

Posted Image

RussianVolk

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ <- Troll!

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • LocationMy House

ONLY A 14.5?!?! WHY YOU HATIN'!?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shadowmonster

Ace

• Members
  • 1735 posts

Yo Kathy, mind rating my 'tage? I wanna know what I can improve on for my next video :D

Also..I think you need a more specific or separate category for editing/effects. Or at least move some points around..

From a long time ago, I know. But hopefully you can still help me out?

Posted Image

Stylised

Ace

• Members
  • 1779 posts

This is very intresting.

Posted Image

Ellysia

Initiate

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationIn the bushes outside your room

*facepalm*

How does nobody realize that this does nothing but further escalate the criticism, especially towards the people who obviously can't handle it -.-.

I can see how this can be helpful, but I can also see how there's so much potential for it to be taken the wrong way, (as often happens in the community..).

Putting a rating on things is the cause of all this pressure on people in the first place. People need to quit rating people, montages, and other shit, and just play to get better.
Posted Image

Kat

Veteran

• Members
  • 3257 posts

View PostEllysia, on 06 May 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

*facepalm*

How does nobody realize that this does nothing but further escalate the criticism, especially towards the people who obviously can't handle it -.-.

I can see how this can be helpful, but I can also see how there's so much potential for it to be taken the wrong way, (as often happens in the community..).

Putting a rating on things is the cause of all this pressure on people in the first place. People need to quit rating people, montages, and other shit, and just play to get better.

By taking in feedback from the QR community, a player can get better by improving on the things they lack. You can say you got better, but what does that prove? You need other's around you to prove you're good, that's how the world works. That's why there are "test" to get into clans, or "people who watch you secretly to see how good you are when you're not around them".

One question, if people do not rate montages, then why make them? Would you make them just for the fun of it? Or are you trying to prove how good you are and ask for feedback to get EVEN better?

Heisenberg

Initiate

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationÄ°stanbul, Turkey

View Post♫CeleryStick♫, on 06 May 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

By taking in feedback from the QR community, a player can get better by improving on the things they lack. You can say you got better, but what does that prove? You need other's around you to prove you're good, that's how the world works. That's why there are "test" to get into clans, or "people who watch you secretly to see how good you are when you're not around them".

One question, if people do not rate montages, then why make them? Would you make them just for the fun of it? Or are you trying to prove how good you are and ask for feedback to get EVEN better?

+1
Posted Image

-Blix

Exclusive

• Developer
  • 772 posts

View PostEllysia, on 06 May 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

*facepalm*

I agree! We should all just hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbi ah! Maybe after we can talk about each others emotional problems and have a big circle jerk?

And all of what Kathy said.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users